- 1 pound (about 500 g) ground beef or turkey.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (or 1 ½ teaspoon onion powder).
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (or 1 small can of tomato sauce).
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or 1/3 teaspoon each oregano, cumin, garlic powder).
- 1 teaspoon oregano (ground or leaf).
- ¼ teaspoon cumin.
- Dash of pepper (1/8 teaspoon or less).
- Brown beef and onion together. Drain grease.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the browned meat.
- Stir well.
- Heat this mixture thoroughly.
- Add more tomato sauce if the mixture is dry.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or less if the mixture begins to dry out.
- Elias Howell – website.
Recipe tags: mexican beef