A Spanish classic dish.
- Prep time: 5 minutes.
- Cook time: 35 minutes.
- Servings: 6.
- 8 free-range eggs.
- 1 kg of potatoes.
- 1 white onion.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Peel, rinse and dry the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices. Put in a bowl, add salt to taste and stir.
- Put a nonstick frying pan on the fire and add enough olive oil to fry all the potato slices.
- Add the potato slices already salted and let them cook for approximately 20 minutes over low heat.
- While the potatoes are frying, beat the eggs in a bowl. Peel and cut the onion as finely as possible.
- Add olive oil in another frying pan and slowly fry the onion until it gets a slightly golden color.
- Drain the onion and add it to the bowl with the beaten egg.
- Remove the potatoes from the pan with a slotted spoon, draining the oil away as much as possible, and add them to the bowl with the onion and egg.
- Let the mixture rest for at least 5 minutes so all the flavors come together. Give it a very gentle stir from time to time.
- Remove the oil from the pan you used to fry the potatoes. Use the pan to cook the mixture over medium-high fire for about 5 minutes.
- Flip it over with the help of a big plate and cook the other side for another 5 minutes.
- Things like the slicing of the potato, the amount of salt and how curdled is the inner part of the tortilla depend on your own taste.
- OctopusOnFire – Minds.
Recipe tags: spanish potato eggs tortilla