Sourdough bread with seeds and grains
A sourdough recipe with seeds and grains.
- Prep time: 15 minutes.
- Cook time: 120 minutes.
For the preparation
- 100g grain of choice (e.g rye, spelt and wheat).
- 40g linseed.
- 30g sesame.
- 30g sunflower seeds.
- 600g water.
For the bread
- 400g sourdough.
- 200g water (25-35°C).
- 200g rye flour.
- 300g wheat flour.
- 20g sea salt.
- 2tsp bread spice.
- Soaked seeds and grains.
Preparations (the day before)
- Feed your sourdough starter for the next day.
- Boil the grain in 500g water for 45 minutes.
- Put the seeds and 100g water into a bowl.
- Store everything in a locked bowl overnight (13-16h).
- Remove leftover water from the seeds and grains.
- Stir all ingredients for the bread and knead them well.
- Let the dough rest for 5 hours in warm (25-30°C) conditions.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C.
- Bake for up to 20 minute with steam.
- Release the steam and turn the heat down to 150°C.
- Bake for another 50-60 minutes.
Recipe tags: sourdough bread