Original Austrian breaded meat, pan-fried in butter.
- Prep time: 15 minutes.
- Cook time: 6 minutes.
- Servings: 4.
- 4 veal cutlets (1 ~ 150g).
- 2 eggs.
- 1 lemon.
- 100g flour.
- 150g bread crumbs.
- 100g butter (or even better clarified butter).
- Prepare 3 bowls (one with flour, one with beaten eggs, one with bread crumbs seasoned with salt and paprika).
- Wash the veal and gently dry it with kitchen roll.
- Put the veal on a board and beat it with a meat tenderizer (or a rolling pin) to a thickness of 0.5 cm (beating the veal makes it tender).
- Season the veal with salt and pepper on both sides, dive it through the 3 bowls (first flour, then eggs, finally bread crumbs).
- Melt the butter in a deep pan (attention: not too hot, butter should not turn brown).
- Fry the veal on each side until it is gold brown (e.g 3 min on each side).
- Serve with a piece of lemon.
- Tobias & Alexandra Grimm.
Recipe tags: austrian beef