A cheesy butternut mash with blue cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes.
- Cook Time: 1 hour.
- 1 Butternut Squash.
- ½ Stick of butter.
- Salt, to taste.
- St. Augur Blue Cheese.
- Peel Butternut squash and discard both ends. Cut in half lengthwise, scoop and discard seeds. Cut in half lengthwise again.
- Place face down on greased baking sheet. Rotate to roast the other face after 20 minutes, check at 45 minutes with a toothpick for softness.
- Cut up into 2 inch chunks and toss into stand mixer. Mix on high and add a half stick of butter and salt to taste. Stir in half of the St. Augur blue cheese.
- Pour into casserole dish. Stir in any extra blue cheese to taste or crumble on top. Lower oven to 300 and bake the mashed squash for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped chives on top.
- Joe Powerhouse.
Recipe tags: american side fruit butternut