Rice is easy to make in any pot. The simple use of different spices can change its use or what it accents.
- Chicken stock (optional).
- Onion or garlic (optional).
- Lime and cilantro (optional, for a Mexican taste).
- Add some amount of rice to a pot that has a cover.
- Add twice as much liquid to the same pot. Water is typical, but for extra flavor, use stock or broth.
- If desired, dice onion or garlic and mix into rice.
- Cover the pot, put it on the stove and turn the heat on the highest level.
- As soon as you hear the water beginning to bubble and boil over, turn the heat down to low and allow it to simmer.
- Wait for twenty minutes or so until the liquid has evaporated and the rice will be ready.
- Optional: dice up some cilantro.
- Optional: mix in cilantro to finished rice, along with some squeezes of lime juice.
- For Mexican rice, you might want to avoid cooking in stock to avoid taste clashes.
- Luke Smith – website.
Recipe tags: basic rice side