A classic from Mexican cuisine, that is best eaten with some totopos, or tortilla chips.
- Servings: 2.
- 400-500g can of precooked beans.
- ¼ onion.
- 3-4 garlic cloves.
- 2-4 spoonfuls butter.
- Cooking oil (can be olive oil).
- Add the oil and the butter to the frying pan and heat to medium heat.
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic.
- Once the frying pan is heated, add the onion and garlic to the pan, and fry them for about 3 minutes.
- Add salt, cumin, and paprika to taste. Mix with your spatula, and let fry for about 5 minutes.
- Open the can of beans and pour the beans into the pan. Depending on how liquid you want the refried beans to be, you can use all or just some part of the liquid inside the can.
- Mash the beans and mix. Let them fry at medium-low to medium heat for about 5 to 10 minutes, mixing from time to time.
- Serve, and enjoy with some totopos.
- Yaroslav de la Peña Smirnov — website.
Recipe tags: mexican beans