Potato Leek Soup
- Prep time: 15 minutes.
- Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Servings: 2.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter.
- 2 large leeks.
- 1 quart chicken or veggie stock.
- 11 ounces peeled and sliced waxy potatoes.
- 1 bay leaf.
- ¾ cup heavy cream.
- White pepper.
- Optional: ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- Optional: ½ tablespoon dill weed.
- Chop the white to light-green part of the leek into moderately sized pieces and discard the dark-green ends.
- Melt the butter in a pot on medium-low heat, add chopped leeks and potatoes. Stir until leeks are sweat.
- Add stock, bay leaf, pepper and optional ingredients now. Raise heat to medium-high, simmer until potatoes are tender.
- After removing the pot from the heat, remove the bay leaf and immersion blend pot until you reach a desired consistency.
- Stir in heavy cream and salt to taste.
- Cactar - website.
Recipe tags: potato soup vegetables