A classic pie dough for sweet pies or french quiches
- Prep time: 10 minutes.
- Cook time: 0 minutes.
- Servings: 6.
- 250g flour.
- 125g butter.
- pinch of salt.
- 0-70g sugar (to taste and depending on purpose).
- 5cl water.
- Pour the flour and salt in a salad bowl.
- Cut the butter into small 1cm cubes.
- Add the butter to the mix, mix thoroughly with fingers.
- The result should look like a golden sand with clumps that hold together when pressed.
- Slowly add the water to the mix while stirring.
- Form a ball, press a few times to make it homogeneous.
- Sylvain Gauthier.
Recipe tags: dough basic