Pickled Red Onions
A good way to use up older red onions and goes great with just about anything.
- Prep time: 10 minutes.
- Cook time: 10 minutes.
- Red Onions
- Cut onion in half and slice root to stem and place in a jar.
- Mix equal parts of water and vinegar in a pot and bring to a boil. Add salt to taste.
- As soon as it begins to boil, turn off and pour the mix into the jar and allow to cool.
- Seal and place in fridge for a few hours until vibrant pink.
- You can add other herbs or spices before sealing it to give different flavors as well. Use any of your standard pickling spices if desired.
Recipe tags: quick side basic