Pan pizza gives a thick and crispy crust. It takes a lot of time, but little effort and gives a fantastic result.
- Prep time: 30 minutes.
- Cook time: 8 hours.
- No-knead pizza dough.
- Pizza sauce.
- Olive oil.
- Pepperoni (optional).
- Mushrooms (optional).
- Pineapple (optional).
- Any other common pizza topping.
- Preheat oven to max temp.
- Add olive oil to the bottom of an iron skillet. The whole bottom and sides should be coated.
- Add some oil to hands and shape dough into a ball.
- Place ball to the center of the pan and press it down gently. It will not cover the whole bottom yet.
- Cover the skillet and let the dough rest for minimum 30 minutes.
- Press the dough to cover the whole bottom of the skillet.
- Add pizza sauce, cheese or any other topping.
- Put in the middle of the oven, and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Start early with the dough, preferably the night before.
Recipe tags: basic pizza sauce