An old cajun recipe for stewed corn & tomatoes. Enjoyable at any time of year, but I love to make it on hot summer afternoons as a side to a sausage dish. Pairs well with brown ales.
- Servings: 4-6.
- A little sugar.
- A good bit of grease (about a handful).
- Handful of chopped onion.
- Handful of chopped bell pepper.
- Eight ears of corn.
- Handful of chopped tomatoes.
- Salt & Pepper (to taste).
- Clean the corn and cut lengthwise about a thumbnail (¼ in) from the top and scrape down using the soft end of a knife (to keep the juices).
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl excluding the grease. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into a pot with hot grease in it at low heat.
- Cover pot and cook for 45 minutes, and stir as you get up for more beers.
- Dr. Cat – website.
Recipe tags: american corn