Japanese Noodle Soup
This is a very easy and simple Japanese style ramen noodle soup. This is very cheap to make, and you can really customise this however you wish with the garnish.
- Prep time: 20 minutes.
- Cook time: 20 minutes.
- Servings: 4.
- 750ml Chicken stock.
- 4 Pork chops OR 4 Chicken Breasts.
- Set honey.
- 3 Garlic cloves.
- Soy sauce.
- Worcestershire sauce.
- Ginger, sliced.
- Chinese 5 Spice.
- 1 Red Chili, sliced and deseeded (Optional, but recommended).
- 375g Ramen Noodles (Medium Egg Noodles work well too).
- 100g Spinach (Optional).
- 4 Tbsp Sweetcorn (Optional).
- Sesame seeds (Optional).
- 4 Boiled Eggs (Optional).
- 1 Sheet of Dried Nori (Optional).
- Spring Onion, chopped (Optional).
- For the broth, add 700ml of chicken stock to a large boiling pot with the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, Chinese five spice, chili, and 300ml of water.
- Bring this to the boil, then turn the heat to low and simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Add a pinch of sugar and more soy sauce to taste
- Fry the pork chops until cooked.
- Hard boil 4 eggs.
- Cook the ramen noodles as per packet instructions.
- Strain the stock into another pan, then reheat.
- Divide ramen between 4 bowls, then top with 1 sliced pork chop, ¼ of the spinach (if applicable) sweetcorn, and one boiled egg (halved).
- Divide the stock into the bowls, then sprinkle over sesame seeds, shredded nori and the spring onion.
- Jake Keast - website.
Recipe tags: japanese chicken soup