Glühwein - mulled wine
A recipe for Glühwein/mulled wine a beverage you can find at almost every European Christmas market. This recipe is optimized for flavor rather than alcohol content (it still kicks in).
- Yields: 1 liter.
- 300 ml Cassis-Juice (Johannesbeer), replaceable with any other juice.
- 1 bottle 700ml red wine.
- 50 g Sugar.
- 25 g Raisins.
- 1 orange.
- 1 cinnamon bark.
- 1 spoon ginger powder (or a bit of fresh ginger).
- 1 spoon cloves.
- 5 star anise.
- If spice is not available, sweet cinnamon tea bags also work.
- Cut the orange in nice looking pieces (since they are mainly decoration).
- Throw everything in a pot.
- Warm up (don’t boil).
- Bernhard Egger – website.
Recipe tags: drink quick swiss german french