Broccoli with Ginger and Garlic Sauce
Asian inspired broccoli dish with tasty sauce. Sauce can be used for all kinds of asian inspired sauted vegetables.
- Prep time: 5 minutes.
- Cook time: 10 minutes.
- Servings: 2.
- 1-2 Broccoli (fresh best, frozen works too).
- Minced garlic (1 tablespoon).
- Minced ginger (1 tablespoon).
- Sherry or regular white wine (you cook with what you drink with!) (1 tablespoon).
- Soy sauce (1-2 tablespoon).
- Cut broccoli into little fleurettes (hold the broccoli upside down and cut around the stem with a pairing knife).
- Fill your pan (or wok) around half inch (1.57cm) with water and bring to a rapid boil.
- Put broccoli in and steam with lid on for ~3 minutes.
- Drain broccoli and wipe pan dry.
- One teaspoon of oil and saute garlic and ginger (use sesameseed oil for asian touch, but neutral or olive oil works well too).
- Deglaze with sherry, put half a cup ($\approx$ 120 ml) of warm water or chicken stock. Reduce on medium-high heat.
- Stir in soy sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice to your taste.
- Thicken sauce with corn starch.
- Put dry cooked broccoli back in and saute for very short time (you want it nice and crunchy).
- mjt91 - website.
Recipe tags: side quick asian