A recipe for Flammkuchen, a very thin crust pizza-like dish, from Elsass.
- Servings: 2
- 400g pizza Dough.
- 1 onion.
- 150g bacon (replaceable with mushrooms or other vegetables).
- 2 big spoons of sour cream.
- Flatten the dough as thin as possible (1-2 mm).
- Once the dough is flat, put it on your baking tray and preheat the oven at 450 to 500 Fahrenheit.
- Distribute the sour cream evenly (it should be a very thin layer, just barely covering the dough.
- Cut the onion and bacon into small pieces and distribute onion, bacon/vegetables (also in small pieces) evenly.
- Put in the oven for 10 minutes and take it out when it is getting a bit dark. The thin parts will get a bit brown.
- Put salt and pepper.
- It’s recommended to take it down from the baking tray and let it cool down for 2-5 minutes before eating.
- Bernhard Egger – website.
Recipe tags: french pork quick