Country Breakfast Skillet
- 2 eggs.
- 2 small/medium-sized potatoes.
- Black pepper.
- 4-6 bacon strips.
- ½ an onion.
- Cheese (I usually use Gouda).
- A couple of mushrooms.
- Some slices of bell pepper.
- Cut the bacon into pieces and fry it on a pan.
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes.
- After frying the bacon, set aside and use the bacon grease to fry the potatoes over medium/medium-low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add some salt and paprika to the potatoes, mix well and cook for another ten minutes.
- Cut the onions and add them to the frying pan. Cook for about five minutes.
- If you decide to add some vegetables, like mushrooms or peppers, add them now.
- Now, there are two ways you can cook the eggs.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and the pour them onto the pan.
- Or just crack the eggs directly on the mix in the pan and mix everything thoroughly.
- Cut the cheese into small slices and add it.
- Cook for a couple of minutes more, until eggs are cooked enough.
- For the final touch, chop the parsley (or whatever other spices/herbs you decided to use) and add it on top.
- Serve hot and add some freshly ground pepper.
- Yaroslav de la Peña Smirnov — website.
Recipe tags: american breakfast pork