Chicken, Tomato and Spinach Curry
This dish is a very simple and tasty curry that can be made with minimal ingredients, but pairs amazingly with anything else one may want in a curry (i.e: ginger, lemongrass).
Note: You may also need a blender / food processor.
- 500g or 1lb of chicken breast.
- Virgin olive oil (½ cup or ~100ml).
- Fresh tomatoes of any variety (10 - 15 medium sized).
- Two medium sized onions.
- 250g or 1/2lbs of fresh spinach.
- Curry powder of your favorite variety.
- Red chilies (or red chili paste).
- Any extra herbs or spices to your taste.
- Dice your onions, begin to fry in the pot at a medium-low temperature.
- While the onions are cooking, dice the chicken into medium sized and fry along with the onions. Flip the chicken pieces regularly to prevent them from burning or overcooking.
- Add your desired amount of curry powder to the frying chicken. Too much may be too salty or overwhelming so be sure to not overdo it.
- As the chicken cooks through, dump all of your tomatoes and extra ingredients into a food processor and turn it all into a thin tomato paste. Add the paste to the curry directly. If you do not wish to use a food processor you can skin the tomatoes and add them to the curry anyway.
- Add all of your wanted spinach, and don’t be shy about doing so. At first it may seem like you are adding too much but it quickly shrivels up in the curry and you’ll need to add more.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through and serve.
- Luke Goule - GitHub
Recipe tags: curry chicken