Slow-cooked Chicken Tacos
- Chicken breasts.
- Two or three onions (preferably red).
- Adobo seasoning.
- Cheese (either shredded Mexican blend or crumbling cheese).
- Small tortillas.
- Cilantro, tomato, lettuce, other desired taco contents.
- Quarter two onions and spread on the bottom of a slow-cooker.
- Place chicken breasts on top of onions.
- Season slow-cooker contents liberally with adobo seasoning, paprika and any other desired seasonings, squeeze half of a lime too if desired.
- Let cook on low for 8 hours. Cooking on high for less time is possible as well, but a slower cook is preferable.
- Dice the tomato, cilantro, any lettuce and the third onion for taco contents.
- Shred chicken with forks once cooked. Optionally add a dash more seasoning for taste or appearance.
- Add chicken, cheese and all the diced ingredients to tortillas.
- Squeeze remainder of lime over finished product.
- Luke Smith – website
Recipe tags: mexican chicken