Butternut pumpkin gratin
A simple french dish made of butternut pumpkin, bacon and with a crusty cheese topping.
- Cook time: 30 minutes.
- Servings: 4.
- Butternut pumpkin (about 1.2kg).
- Bacon (200g).
- Cream (5cl).
- Parmesan or shredded cheese.
- Two spoons of herbs such as parsley.
- Preheat the oven at 210C.
- Cut the pumpkins into small cubes of around 3cm, then peel the pieces (easier in that order).
- Cook the pieces with a steam cooker or in unsalted boiling water for about 5 minutes. The pumpkin pieces must be cooked but not too mushy.
- While cooking the pumpkin, cut the bacon into big pieces.
- Put the pumpkin and bacon into a big gratin dish, mix them carefully. Add spices, herbs, cream, and top with a generous amount of cheese.
- Put in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with a green lettuce.
- Sylvain Gauthier – website.
Recipe tags: french butternut gratin