Butter Chicken Masala Curry
Butter chicken Masala is one of India’s most popular chicken recipes, a mild curry with a tomato-onion-cream base and boneless chicken pieces cooked in it to perfection.
- Prep time: 30 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Servings: 2
- Boneless Chicken 1/2lb, cubed.
- Butter Melted 2 tbsp.
- Onions 2 medium-sized, minced.
- Tomato 2 medium-sized, pureed.
- Oil 2 tbsp.
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp.
- Garlic cloves 3, minced/crushed.
- Ginger 1tbsp, minced/paste.
- Garam Masala/Chicken Masala 1 tbsp.
- Cream 4tbsp (or cashew paste).
- Chili Powder 1 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder ¼ tbsp.
- Crushed fenugreek leaves ¼ tbsp.
- 1 small bunch of coriander leaves / cilantro, for garnish.
- In a bowl, mix chicken with salt, pepper, ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste, ½ tbsp chili powder, turmeric powder, and lemon juice for the chicken marinade; let marinate for an hour.
- Roast the marinated chicken in an oven at medium temperature for 5 to 10 minutes. The chicken should be three-fourths done.
- Heat butter in a pan. Fry the onions until it turns translucent.
- Add garlic-ginger and sauté for a minute, then add garam masala. Cook for a few seconds making sure not to burn the paste.
- Add tomato puree, salt, and chili powder. Let simmer for about 5 minutes, occasionally stirring until sauce thickens and becomes a deep brown-red color.
- Add the marinated chicken, butter, fresh cream, the crushed fenugreek leaves, and sliced green chilies. Cook for an additional 5 to 10 min until the chicken is cooked.
- Adjust salt, garnish with the coriander leaves. Serve over rice or naan.
- Nihar Samantaray - website.
Recipe tags: indian curry chicken