Asian Style Chicken with Sticky Sauce
Asian style crispy coated chicken with sweetish sauce recipe. Served with boiled rice.
Chicken with crispy coating
- Around 14 ounces or 400 grams of chicken breast.
- 1 Egg.
- 3 tbsp of cornflour.
- 10 tbsp all-purpose flour.
- ½ tsp garlic powder.
- 2 tsp paprika powder.
- Around 5 tbsp of vegetable oil for frying the chicken.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil.
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed to paste..
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice vinegar or alternatively white wine vinegar.
- 3 tbsp honey.
- 2 tbsp ketchup.
- 2 tbsp brown sugar.
- 4 tbsp soy sauce.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Place all-purpose flour in a shallow bowl. Mix in garlic powder as well as salt and pepper, ½ tsp each.
- Place lightly beaten egg in another shallow bowl.
- Coat the chicken in corn flour, dip it in egg and finally coat with seasoned all purpose-flour.
- Heat a good amount of oil on a pan to fry the chicken in. The oil should be hot enough so that the chicken sizzles when placed in the pan. You may want to do this in a couple of batches depending on the size of your pan.
- Fry until chicken is cooked and has a nice golden-brownish coating.
- Pour out excess oil, put the sauce in and mix to coat the chicken. Or place the chicken in a bowl with kitchen towels and do another batch.
- Let the sauce bubble for one or two minutes and you’re done.
- Serve with boiled rice.
Recipe tags: asian chicken