Article posted on: 2022-03-24 11:10
Last edited on: 2022-04-02 10:33
Written by: Sylvain Gauthier
Release: weiqi 0.0 alpha
After working on it for about a year and a half, I got around to make a first
(very much alpha) binary release of my Go 3D interface named
It intends to be light, memory-friendly, written in clean C, and able to run on
modest hardware while looking very modern and elegant.
- OpenGL >= 3.1
gnugo, optional but preferred. Any other GTP engine should do, modulo a
quick edit in
- Play against GTP engines.
- Highly customisable 3D interface:
- Orientable camera.
- Direct lighting with customisable colour, direction and shadows.
- Image-based lighting (IBL) with optional ambient occlusion.
- Two modes, fancy PBR or minimal solid shader.
- Start-up menu if launched without arguments.
- Play over a UNIX domain socket (and through network with a socket forwarding
- Play over IRC with qirc.
- SGF support, save/load games.
- Game tree.
- Scoring (using an engine).
- Occlusion might be buggy on some graphic cards.
Feel free to report any bug or feature request to me:
syg (at) pedantic (dot) software